Full Stack Developer
We’re on the hunt for our next Full Stack Developer to join our growing development team. This role is for someone who lives and breathes the full lifecycle of software development, embraces critical thinking, and can apply problem-solving skills to address the ongoing technical requirements for our core products. We’re looking for someone who wants to dig into the code, create clean and efficient code, and improve both our product and processes with his or her skills and perspective.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You should have good experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications and be able to write clean code and ensure your programs run properly. We expect you to be comfortable with the HTTP protocol, REST APIs, web servers and modern JS frameworks. We also expect you to be passionate about building software, able to take ownership of problems, and work well on a team as well as take individual ownership of projects (e.g. feature development).
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for enterprise-level systems with high availability and performance
- Create well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Take initiative to improve the code you work in (i.e. leave every place better than you found it), and investigate alternatives and technologies in order to support continuous improvement
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Strong experience in software development, and particularly in test-driven development
- 2+ years experience of working in a Java Developer position preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with close attention to detail
- You’ll get bonus points if you have:
- Experience of object-oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Good knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and ORM technologies—including JPA2 and Hibernate
- Good knowledge of distributed analytics (e.g. Redshift, Kibana, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Good knowledge of at least one popular web framework (e.g. Jersey, JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC, etc.)
- Strong communication, teamwork, and time-management skills
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Your day-to-day life at Watershed will focus on executing the full lifecycle of software development for our flagship product, advising on technical details and feasibility of proposed features and enhancements, and maintaining and improving our product and process.
As one of Nashville’s Best Places to Work, Watershed operates as a small company (about 17 people) within our parent company, Learning Technologies Group. We're building the world’s most powerful Learning Analytics Platform to help organizations prove the impact of their learning and training programs. We take our work seriously, but we also like to have fun together. And we work hard, but we value you as a person and your life outside the office.
Our benefits are a great example of our “people first” attitude. From day one, we cover 100% of employees’ medical, dental, and vision coverage and offer flexible work hours and vacation, just to name a few.
We live by our six Core Values, which define everything about what Watershed is, how we work, and how we interact with each other. So, take the time to learn them and consider how they resonate with you (Visit our About Us page for more details). We expect you to come into every interaction with your work, your coworkers, and our clients with these six values top of mind.
SOUND INTERESTING? APPLY AND:
- Tell us why you want to work with us.
- Explain what you can bring to our team.
- Include your resume, portfolio, or whatever best represents your experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.