Watershed Learning Analytics Acquired by Learning Technologies Group

Nashville SaaS organization acquired by UK-based learning services provider Learning Technologies Group (LTG).

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Nov. 15, 2018)—Watershed Systems, Inc., the global market leader in corporate learning analytics, has been acquired by Learning Technologies Group plc (LTG) (LON: LTG), a leader in the high-growth workplace e-learning industry. LTG, which originally owned a 27 percent stake in Watershed, will now acquire the remaining 73 percent.

“Watershed is an ideal fit for LTG because of our shared purpose of transforming corporate training to be more strategic and data driven,” said Mike Rustici, founder and CEO of Watershed. “Having access to LTG’s diverse portfolio of resources allows us to expand our reach and further develop and strengthen our capabilities—which, in turn, benefits both our current and future client base.”

LTG companies and Watershed have previously worked in close partnership to provide solutions to clients. Now, as part of the LTG group, Watershed introduces a range of capabilities to measure the effectiveness and business impact of learning to LTG’s portfolio of specialized digital learning business—which includes LEO Learning, gomo, Eukleia, PRELOADED, Rustici Software, PeopleFluent and Affirmity.

Watershed will continue to work with a range of clients and partners, some of whom are competitors to LTG companies. Furthermore, Watershed will continue to provide clients with the best solution to their challenges, only offering LTG’s software when they’re the best options.

Despite operating separately, Watershed has created significant value for the Group, with collaborations enabling clients to measure the business impact of global learning programs. This includes Watershed and LEO Learning’s “measuring the business impact of learning” research, currently collecting data for its third survey report.

“Measurement and analytics are a necessity for any successful organization, which is why I’m psyched to acquire Watershed and incorporate it alongside the other LTG companies,” said Tim Martin, chief innovation and product officer at LTG. “Organizations require an integrated ecosystem of tools and purpose-built software that accommodate their processes and needs—and Watershed plays a crucial role in this ecosystem by comprehending and consolidating an organization’s understanding of their various learning initiatives.”

Martin will oversee Watershed, stepping in for Rustici, who will be leaving the business for health reasons. Martin is expected to continue in his current role overseeing product innovation within the Group’s portfolio.


For more information:
FTI Consulting (Public Relations Adviser)
Rob Mindell 
Jamie Ricketts
Phone: +44 (0)20 3727 1000


About Learning Technologies Group

[fa icon="linkedin-square"] [fa icon="twitter-square"]

Learning Technologies Group is a leader in the high-growth workplace learning and talent industry. The Group offers end-to-end learning and talent management solutions ranging from strategic consultancy, through a range of content and platform solutions to analytical insights that enable corporate and government clients to meet their performance objectives.

LTG is listed on the London Stock Exchange Alternative Investment Market (LTG.L) and headquartered in London. The Group has offices in Europe, the United States, Asia-Pacific, and South America.

LTG’s businesses are at the forefront of innovation and best-practice in the learning technology sector, and have received numerous awards for their exceptional performance. Their portfolio of brands represents the best of breed and are acknowledged throughout the industry as market leaders. For more, visit ltgplc.com.


About Watershed

[fa icon="facebook-square"] [fa icon="linkedin-square"] [fa icon="twitter-square"]

Founded in Nashville, Tenn., in 2016, Watershed is dedicated to changing the world of learning by helping corporate L&D departments get more from their initiatives. This includes a customizable SaaS-based learning analytics platform that assesses the impact and effectiveness of corporate learning programs and helps maximize investments in learning.

Made possible by xAPI, Watershed enables users to explore their learning data in one place and measure how L&D programs impact their organizations. Since its founding, this young, high-growth organization has developed a portfolio of Fortune 500 global clients—such as Visa, Verizon, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Caterpillar, and more. To learn more, visit www.watershedLRS.com.