Careers & Culture
Leading by Example
Watershed is an amazing place. Yes, our products are wonderful, but there’s a reason why they’re wonderful—it’s the talented, diverse, and slightly crazy group of people who work here. Are we perfect? Nope. But we’re proud of who we are, the company culture we’ve built, and where we’re headed. We believe in Watershed’s power to improve the way companies develop their people and, in turn, change the world for the better. Developing the world's most comprehensive learning analytics technology is a big deal, and it's something we take pretty seriously.
Hiring great people is another thing we take seriously. Think you're a good fit for our team?
BetterFits, Better Life
The people who join our team believe in our mission, love new opportunities, and welcome challenge. And having a solid ping pong serve doesn’t hurt either.
We offer some pretty great conventional benefits, which start from day one and include:
- Health, dental & vision insurance (100% paid) & HSA with monthly company contributions
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Stock options
- Retirement/401k (with matching up to 5%)
- Flexible work hours, five weeks of vacation, and personal days
We also have a few unique perks that are better than benefits, which is why we call them BetterFits. Get it? The BetterFits program is designed to make every day great—inside and outside the office—by enhancing relationships, eliminating daily hassles, and reducing stress.
- Casual Atmosphere: We strongly believe in flexible schedules so you can have a life outside of work. We also have open work spaces throughout the office so no one feels confined. Dress code? That’s pretty casual too.
- Drinks and Snacks: Craving a healthy, sweet, or savory snack? In the mood for a La Croix, coffee, or something a little stronger? We’ve got you covered. Enjoy!
- Office Concierge: Need help planning date night or your vacation? Do you need an oil change, lawn care, or a little TLC? We’ve got you covered. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Team-Building Events: This is code for impromptu ping pong games, Magic: The Gathering battles, Silicon Valley screenings, hallway hangouts, and more.
- Fam Jam: We actually like each other, so we designate several times a year to hang out with the whole group, families included.
- Donation Matching: We match (1:1 ratio) donations of $25 or more to eligible organizations with a maximum yearly donation match of $1,000 per team member.
Meet the people behind the product.
We weren’t kidding when we said our people are our most important asset. With backgrounds ranging from technical consultants and business owners to learning designers and educators, just to name a few, our team brings a diverse set of skills and personalities. Our experience spans a variety of industries, which means we offer perspectives that generally aren’t found in your typical tech business.
We don't have any open positions at the moment, but we’re always interested in meeting great people—especially if you happen to be a stellar software developer. If you think we’re missing out, send us a note and let us know why you belong at Watershed.
Contact us to learn more about working at Watershed.