Now in its seventh year, the survey aims to benchmark L&D responses to learning measurement and impact.
Watershed has partnered again with LEO Learning and GP Strategies for our seventh annual Measuring the Business Impact of Learning survey.
Since launching at the end of 2016, the survey has reached more than 2,300 global L&D leaders and professionals, providing insight into a range of learning measurement topics, including:
- Executive pressure to measure the business impact of learning
- Budgets, tools, and capabilities
- Barriers to effective learning measurement
- L&D department evaluation
- Analytics capability within L&D departments
- The impact of big data
Last year’s results showed that 73% of respondents believe organizations should set aside budget for measurement, yet just 27% actually do.
We also saw the direct link between those with capability and budget (to measure learning impact) delivering concrete results and increased agility. And we're really interested to see how this has developed this year.
The survey takes only around five minutes to complete and participants can expect to receive the following:
- Immediate access to a learning measurement toolkit, including how-to guides on measurement strategy and implementing learning analytics, as well as last year’s report
- A free Learning Record Store (LRS) to start gathering data
- Exclusive first access to the resulting research report before it’s published in 2023
Each year, these results provide a new, insightful snapshot of an industry in motion. The story we've watched unfold over the course of this survey is compelling and even more so with some of the newly added questions.
Touching on areas like budget, beliefs, planning, and metrics, the results are driving an unprecedented clarity into the industry, and we can't wait to share them with the L&D world.
The survey will be open for approximately one month with the results report published in 2023.
Subscribe to our blog