Last time, we discussed how the purpose of capturing data is to learn. And now that you have these learning evaluation insights, it’s time to take action and start adjusting your learning and training programs.
Take action and adjust your L&D programs.
The appropriate course of action will depend on your particular situation and the insights you’ve gained. For instance:
1) Connect different learning experiences to encourage learners to try both types.
Example: Recommend a PDF resource at the end of a video or promote groups of resources together.
2) Increase the visibility of certain resources, platforms, and experiences.
Example: This could be sharing a commonly used resource by successful salespeople to all the members of the sales team.
3) Investigate and prevent the spread of misinformation and incorrect approaches.
Example: If a team is less successful in one area of work, interview that team to explore reasons for their limited success rates.
4) Inform managers to have career-planning discussions with their teams.
Example: Learning data can enable managers to identify their team members who are developing skills required for new roles.
5) Remove or improve unpopular learning materials.
Example: If only one division is using a subscription to learning materials, consider canceling the subscription for divisions that aren’t using it.
6) Investigate what makes certain learning programs popular.
Example: If the most-watched videos use engaging thumbnail images, whereas the least popular videos use random or dull thumbnails, you can research the relationship between video thumbnails and video popularity. (See how Netflix does this type of research.)
Up Next: Capture & Track Social Learning
We hope you’ve been enjoying our series on Distributed Learning. In our next post, we’ll explain how to capture and track social learning within your organization.
L&D Evaluation Made Easy
To learn more about how to measure learning, evaluate what's effective, and what steps to take next, download the Essentials of Learning Evaluation eBook