Join us as we celebrate xAPI xAPRIL and recognize five years of the Experience API—including free resources, real-world xAPI case studies, and prizes!
You've come a long way, xAPI!
From budding with few early adopters at Tin Can Alley, to the getting the thumbs up from the Department of Defense, the xAPI specification has grown up since 2013. These days, it's under the hood of some great tools and powering analytics at major organizations such as Visa, Caterpillar, PWC, and more.
As part of the team who first created the Experience API (and continues to be a top contributor—looking at you, Andrew "garemoko" Downes!), we are thrilled with the progress of xAPI. And, to honor this occasion, we're celebrating xAPI xAPRIL—five weeks of xAPI stories, resources, and prizes to celebrate five years of xAPI!
In addition to five weeks of live events with xAPI practitioners (aka. xPERTS) explaining the what, why, and how they implemented xAPI, you also can look forward to:
- Q&A with xPERTS from Behr, Caterpillar, Verizon, Quicken Loans, and more;
- Exclusive free tools and resources to help you get started (updated weekly);
- Strategy & measurement grand prizes;
- and more.
We've also compiled some of our favorite xAPI-related articles just for you.
- What’s New with xAPI 1.0.3?
Learn more about the latest version of xAPI and what it means for you.
- Making a Statement: The DoDI officially "commits" to xAPI
What does DoDI 1322.26's xAPI adoption mean for L&D?
- Bringing Standards to the L&D Profession: The TDRp Initiative
Learn more about how the Talent Development Reporting Principles TDRp came together to establish a standard framework for L&D.
- What’s a Certified Data Source?
Some learning technology products may claim to implement xAPI, but what does that mean?
- Why Don’t I Hear about More xAPI Adoption?
Wonder why you don't hear more about large-scale xAPI adoption? Read this article by Mike Rustici for a closer look.
- xAPI & Learning Fitness
See how Visa uses xAPI and learning fitness to better understand learners' tendencies, patterns and activities to improve their learning frequency and quality.
- How to Track Blended Learning with xAPI
Find out how to use xAPI to track distributed learning, including social interactions and workplace training and development.
- Ask the Expert: Use xAPI to report on learners with many accounts
See how to use xAPI to aggregate reporting for a single user with multiple logins.
- How to Use xAPI to Curate Content & External Resources
Find out how to use xAPI to support distributed learning and the content curation process to help learners avoid irrelevant content.
- How to Demo Real xAPI Data without Compromising Privacy
See how Visa uses Rocket League to demo real xAPI data in Watershed without compromising sensitive details or data privacy.
- My Voice Is My Passport: xAPI & Alexa
Can voice technology like Amazon Echo, Google Home, Apple Siri, and Microsoft Cortana offer ways to connect xAPI and capture informal learning experiences?
- Virtual Reality & xAPI
See how virtual reality can be used with xAPI to report on safety training, compliance, and more.
- What's Hiding in Your Data?
When digging into your learning data, keep your eyes open for hidden gems that can reveal unexpected insights into your organization.
About the author
Lizelle Holstein is passionate about using insights from data and analytics to help change the world of corporate learning and development.
Subscribe to our blog